Alef: The NEXT Conversation
- Collected Information – Through your use of the Alef Site, NEXT gathers certain information about you.
- Personally Identifiable Information – NEXT only collects and stores personally identifiable information (such as your name and e-mail address) which you have explicitly and willingly provided, such as when leaving comments, subscribing to receive digests of Alef Site posts, or submitting other Content to the Alef Site (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such Content, whether comments, text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise).
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information – NEXT collects non-personally identifiable information about you by virtue of your use of the Alef Site. Non-personally identifiable information collected includes, but is not limited to: i) your IP address; ii) general location information (based on your IP Address); iii) the date of your visit; iv) the time of your visit; v) the path taken to enter and exit the Alef Site and the path taken through the Alef Site; vi) the browser you are using; vii) a list of pages viewed during your visit to the Alef Site; and viii) the amount of time spent viewing certain content on the Alef Site.
- Use of Information – NEXT will only use collected information for the following reasons: i) managing and administering the Alef Site; ii) responding to user messages or contacting individuals with regard to their Content submissions; iii) listing a user’s name and website in association with comments left on the Alef Site; iv) listing a user’s name and other user-approved information in association with Featured Content; iv) editorial purposes such as contacting users for an online survey; v) sending NEXT emails, newsletters, and other communications, including marketing and promotional communications; vi) from time-to-time, and with the assistance of a third party, using non-personally identifiable aggregate information to analyze Alef Site user demographics, better design the Alef Site, and to share with third parties in aggregate form only as appropriate; vii) other internal NEXT purposes; viii) and other purposes specified at the time the information is gathered or as noted herein.
- Information Becoming Public – Any information that you willingly disclose when using or submitting to the Alef Site may become public unless noted otherwise. Personal information provided to NEXT in association with submitted Content is also subject to the licenses as noted in the Terms of Service. Accordingly, because NEXT permits Alef Site Content to be reused under the terms of Creative Commons license BY-NC-ND, this information may appear in places other than the Alef Site, such as but not limited to other websites where your Content may be reposted or in marketing or promotional materials created by NEXT. If you do not want your personally identifiable information to be collected or used for any of these purposes, please do not provide it (although if you do not provide it, you may not be able to use or participate in certain features of the Alef Site).
- Contact Outside of the Alef Site – As noted above, NEXT may use your information to send you emails, newsletters, or other communications such as marketing or promotional communications. By using the Alef Site and submitting personally identifiable information, you are opting-in to receive all such communications from NEXT or a Related Party. NEXT will not share your information with any outside third parties without your written consent.
- Cookies – Some components on the Alef Site utilize cookies. Cookies are files written onto your hard drive that store information you have entered into specific sections of a site so as to permit you to continue using that site in a more streamlined fashion during future visits. For instance, the Alef Site will automatically create a cookie to store your provided name, email address, and web site when you enter a comment. This will result in such information already appearing in the comments section when you decide to leave another comment. NEXT does not use any information stored in connection with cookies other than to enhance your continued experience on the Alef Site by streamlining your interaction with certain Alef Site features that require the entering of personal information. If you wish to prevent certain or all cookies from being set to your hard drive or device, or to clear existing cookies from your browser’s or device’s cache, you may be able to disable them in your browser’s preferences, although your browser might then be unable to accommodate certain functionalities of the Alef Site.
- Security – NEXT maintains appropriate and reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected from users of and contributors to the Alef Site. However, no Internet, e-mail or mobile transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Because most e-mail and mobile transmissions are not encrypted, you should take special care in deciding what information you send via e-mail or other mobile transmission. Please be aware that you provide your personally identifiable information at your own risk.
- Other Sites and Services
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions – NEXT may offer Alef Site users the opportunity to participate in contests, sweepstakes, or promotions that are sponsored by or co-branded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that Alef Site users voluntarily submit to participate in the activity. NEXT has no control over these parties’ use of this information. NEXT will notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information if third parties will obtain such information.
- Age Restrictions – You must be at least 13 years old in order to register for email newsletters or using other features of the Alef Site that require providing personal information. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself, including your name, address, or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible. You must be at least 18 years old in order to submit any Content to the Alef Site. Visitors between the ages of 13 and 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before registering for e-mail newsletters or using other features of the Alef Site that require providing personal information.